Friday, December 16, 2011

For unto us a gift is given...


I realize I have been a bit AWOL lately.  It isn't because I am lacking at things to say!  In fact, I have several posts (with pictures already taken) all lined up in my minds eye.  However, there are events in life that take precedence over everything else.  This is one.


My Son and Daughter-in-law were blessed with the birth of their first child.  He came a couple of weeks early as he was due on Christmas Eve.  However, we are grateful he came earlier as we get to spend just that much more time with him.

I am reminded of the great verse from Isaiah 9:6 that begins "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given".  In my mind, the first part of this great scripture fits this event and the season. Welcome to the world little one. We are so grateful that you are here safely.  We are grateful for the choices your parents made to ensure that you are sealed to them (and us) eternally.  We look forward to getting to know you and shower you with love and kisses.

Check...my Christmas list is complete!

No comments:

01 09 10