Saturday, September 3, 2011

What is CSA?



Have you ever heard of a CSA? Well, it stands for Community Supported Agriculture.  And in my case, this wonderful produce is organically grown at Jacob's Cover Heritage Farm.  I purchased a 'share' which entitles me to a fresh box of produce each week.  I just head over to the drop location (in my case Allred's Ace Hardward) on Thursday evening and eagerly see what is new for the week. 



I took everything out of the box and laid it out on the counter to show you everything that I recieved this week.


Here are some lovely tomatos, and yes there are some light colored varieties.  A really yummy snack.
Here is a purple carrot I recieved during a week last year.
Now, I do have a garden as well.  But this gives us an opportunity to support a local farm and be exposed to new things. See the white item at the bottom of the box? It is a Pat-a-pan squash.....something that we have never had before.
So, look around your area and see was CSA is available.  Here is the contact information for Jacob's Cove Heritage Farm:
Jacob's Cove Heritage Farm 1526 South Geneva Road Orem, UT 84058
Phone:  888.880.8039

No comments:

01 09 10