Wednesday, August 17, 2011

It's Zucchini Time.....


May gardeners are experiencing an abundance of Zucchini and Squash now.   The old jokes about Zucchini (i.e...lock your car....or you might find someone has placed Zucchini inside) are floating around again.    I have several of each.  So, I thought I would try something new.


I cubed a Zucchini and a Squash.  I prepared a marinade and placed the vegetables in a bag.  I put it in the refrigerator for several hours.


I had also marinated some chicken breasts.  My husband put the chicken on to grill ahead of the vegetables.  Here, he is heating up the basket made for grilling foods that are small or in pieces. 


Here, the vegetables and the chicken are grilling.  I used Olive Oil in the marinade to help it grill.


Here is the final product.


And here is my dinner.  (Gosh, my preference for symmetry is very apparent here isn't it?)

What is the take-away?" Try grilling these delicious vegetables....they are quite good!

No comments:

01 09 10